Tuesday, December 30, 2008

less like scars. more like character.

today i was given a new CD by a friend, she said after a few minutes of conversation that this song really speaks to where i'm at... and i cannot say with any more resounding yesses, that it really does... here's the first song...
Less Like Scars by Sara Groves

copyright 2004 Mantle Music and Northern Heart Media

It's been a hard year/But I'm climbing out of the rubble/ These lessons are hard/ Healing changes are subtle


But every day it's Less like tearing, more like building /Less like captive, more like willing/ Less like breakdown, more like surrender/ Less like haunting, more like remember

And I feel you here/And you're picking up the pieces /Forever faithful/It seemed out of my hands, a bad situation /But you are able

And in your hands the pain and hurt/ Look less like scars and more like Character
Less like a prison, more like my room /It's less like a casket, more like a womb /Less like dying, more like transcending /Less like fear, less like an ending

And I feel you here /And you're picking up the pieces /Forever faithful
It seemed out of my hands, a bad situation /But you are able /And in your hands the pain and hurt/ Look less like scars

Just a little while ago /I couldn't feel the power or the hope/ I couldn't cope, I couldn't feel a thing /Just a little while back I was desperate, broken, laid out, hoping
You would come /And I need you /And I want you here /And I feel you And I know you're here /And you're picking up the pieces /Forever faithful

It seemed out of my hands, a bad, bad situation /But you are able /And in your hands /the pain and hurt /Look less like scars (x3) /And more like Character


i heard this song for the first time this afternoon, it really spoke my heart. every last word. read the lyrics to... the words continue to bring a tear as i realize the truth of them, in my live this year of 2008. it's been a year. a hard one, but REALLY looking back, i wouldn't trade a single moment of the difficulty for the character it's built in me. PTL!

i've got a date with the rest of this CD... If you ever get a chance... give it a spin!

0 comments: